Oceania Engineering Solutions is an online retailer selling electrical connector and termination related products. We promote our products and services directly to consumers - for example by advertising via e-mail, brochures and catalogues which may involve unsolicited communications or communications to existing customers, and operates an email newsletter database to send subscribers details of products and services that may be of interest.
Collection of Information
We collect relevant information required which is reasonably necessary to:
- provide high quality products or services
- to protect and improve our products (and services) and to develop new ones
- consider orders, requests and approaches made to us
- maintain your contact details
We collect such information in two ways, first from information you give us (such as when you order product online or by phone) and information we get from your use of our services such as when you submit an enquiry form on our website. Any information availed by us about you will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We generally hold information relating to:
- the information which you provide to us which is part of your identity, such as your name, e-mail address or billing information, delivery address and special delivery instructions or other data which can be reasonably linked to such information
- the products and services we provide or have provided in the past
- the recording of our interactions, including by telephone, email and online
- any enquiries or complaints.
Oceania Engineering Solutions Pty Ltd may also run competitions that ask for some information, such as name and email address, so that we can contact winning customers.
Usage of Information
Accuracy of Information
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the information that is collected, used or disclosed is as accurate and complete as is possible and is up- to- date. The users of this website will be able to contact us at any time and ask for its correction or if you feel the information we have is irrelevant to its use.
We are committed to ensuring that any information we have about our customer's is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A 'cookie' is a packet of information placed on your computer when you visit a website used for recognition/user preference/record keeping purposes. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide our customers with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages they find useful and which they do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Controlling your information
Customers may choose to restrict the collection or use of information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using any information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us.
We will not sell, distribute or lease anyl information to third parties unless we have the customer's permission or are required by law to do so.